Office of Medical Education
An accredited teaching hospital since 1991, Baton Rouge General serves a diverse population that provides an ideal setting for advanced teaching and medical research. Currently training more than 60 residents and students each year, the General's graduate medical education and training programs support the cultivation of Louisiana's future clinical leaders. In addition, Baton Rouge General’s satellite campus of Tulane University School of Medicine is expected to grow to serve more than 160 medical students each year, making it one of the largest medical school satellite campuses in the U.S. The General offers robust graduate medical education and training through the following programs:
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Sports Medicine Fellowship
- School of Nursing
- School of Radiologic Technology
- Tulane University School of Medicine Satellite Campus
Apply for Additional Training Opportunities
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) students – Click here to download the application.
- Physician Assistant (PA) students – Click here to download the application.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) students – Click here to download the application.
- Observer – Click here to download the application.
- Medical Student Rotation/Elective – Click here to apply online.