An accredited teaching hospital since 1991, Baton Rouge General serves a diverse population that provides an ideal setting for advanced teaching and medical research. Currently training more than 100 residents and students each year, the General's graduate medical education and training programs support the cultivation of Louisiana's future clinical leaders. In addition, Baton Rouge General is the inaugural satellite campus of Tulane University School of Medicine. The General offers robust graduate medical education and training through the following programs:
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Sports Medicine Fellowship
- School of Nursing
- School of Radiologic Technology
- Tulane University School of Medicine Satellite Campus
Apply for Additional Training Opportunities
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) students – Click here to download the application.
- Medical Student Rotation/Elective – Click here to apply online.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) students – Click here to download the application.
- Physician Assistant (PA) students – Click here to download the application.