College VolunteersHow do I sign up?
Fall Session 2013: August 26 - December 8
Application deadline: August 12, 2013
Orientation: August 20 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or August 22 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Spring Session 2014: January 20 - May 11
Application deadline: January 6, 2014
Orientation (tentative dates): January 14 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or January 16 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Currently enrolled college student
- Ability to work a four-hour shift once a week (total of 50 hours for Spring/Fall and 30 hours for Summer)
- Strong customer service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Attire to be worn at all times within the hospital: Khaki pants, closed toe shoes, white button down or polo shirt tucked in and belted pants. Hospital badge provided by Volunteer Services.
- 2 step TB test completed before orientation date
- Completed application with appropriate signatures
- Attend or complete orientation process before volunteer shift is assigned
- Certificate of Volunteering will be distributed to those persons completing the minimum number hours of volunteering
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at (225) 387-7079 or Volunteers@BRGeneral.org.