Weight Loss ServicesSometimes the journey of diet and exercise requires extra help. Your weight loss struggle is one that Baton Rouge General's caring staff understands and is trained to support. We invite you to reshape your health today - we'll help.
The New You Is Waiting
Baton Rouge General offers a variety of weight management and weight loss options to help you reach and maintain a happier, healthier you. From non-surgical, medically supervised nutrition counseling and weight loss programs to bariatric surgery, trust our compassionate physicians and nurses to guide and support you on a journey that will reshape you, mind and body.
Baton Rouge General offers a unique three month weight management program called Living Lean. This program provides an evidence-based approach that leads to optimal health through the use of real, whole foods and customized fitness programs. We work with clients to safely and successfully attain their goals and help prevent chronic health conditions such as heart disease and diabetes. Clients are provided with education and training that includes:
- Individualized plans for whole foods nutrition, functional exercise and behavior changes
- Tools to learn how to sustain and maintain a new healthy way of living
- Ongoing consultations and education
- Periodic evaluations of eating habits and exercise regimens to ensure safe progress towards your goals
The Living Lean program brings together necessary elements for lifelong successful weight management and health restoration. Clients will receive:Nutrition
- Two body composition analyses which provide comprehensive diagnostic data that is essential in monitoring health. Each analysis includes measurements of total lean body mass, body fat mass, total water, Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Mass Index
- Eight consultations with a registered dietitian
- Two cholesterol & glucose screenings which allow the registered dietitian to further customize a nutrition plan to reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Two body circumference measurements which will be used in addition to the total body weight data to determine fat gain/loss and/or predict the risk for developing certain chronic diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes
- Customized meal plans based on information obtained during consultations with our registered dietitian
- Biweekly review of food log
- Delicious healthy recipes
- Two, 3-D postural evaluations which analyze every deviation in your body head to toe in inches and degrees
- Two Arthrokinematic Assessments which evaluate the levels of flexibility in the major joints of your body
- Two Osteokinematic Assessments which evaluate how well you are standing and how efficient your spine flexes, extends, rotates and bends
- Results report identifying postural, biomechanical, and spinal imbalances so you know exactly what, how and when to stretch, strengthen and train your body for optimal health
- Customized integrated training & therapy programs to ensure you reach your goals in the most effective and efficient way possible
- One-on-one training sessions with fitness specialists in the BRG Fitness Center
- Two Aerobic Step Tests which are used to formulate specific heart rate zone training programs
- Two customized corrective exercise programs
- Two individualized corrective flexibility/mobility programs
- 22 one-on-one workout sessions with a fitness specialist
- Clients receive a pedometer and Polar heart rate monitor
To learn more about Living Lean, please contact Baton Rouge General's Health & Wellness Center at (225) 819-1175.
Initial ConsultationAn initial nutrition consult consists of a thorough assessment of an individual's eating pattern, medical history, and lifestyle.
Once the data on an individual is collected and organized, the registered dietitian will then develop an individualized plan of care with any specific goals in mind.
Prior to a nutrition consult, we ask that you prepare by keeping a journal of anything that you eat or drink for three days as well as a current complete list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you may be taking. Initial nutrition consults typically last one hour.
Follow-up ConsultationA nutrition follow-up consists of an assessment of the person’s success to the individualized plan made in the initial visit. Adjustments may be made depending on the progress made, challenges, changing goals, and the person’s ability to comply.
Prior to your follow-up consultation, we ask that you again keep a journal of anything that you eat or drink for three days. Nutrition follow-ups typically last 30-45 minutes.
Physician referrals are needed to schedule an initial consult. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Baton Rouge General's Health & Wellness Center at (225) 819-1175.
At Baton Rouge General, our team of professionals is here to assist you in your weight loss journey and to provide you with a smooth and rewarding experience. Our team consists of weight loss surgeons with more than 10 years of experience, bariatric nurses trained in caring for the weight loss surgery patient, and registered dietitians experienced in making eating after weight loss surgery fun and healthy.
Our team provides complete and personalized care for each weight loss surgery patient and is here to help you in your journey, so never hesitate to contact them should you have a question or concern.
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form below or register for a free weight loss surgery seminar.
Baton Rouge General recognizes the changing needs of our weight loss surgery patients. Baton Rouge General's Weight Loss Surgery program offers a monthly support group at its Bluebonnet campus for weight loss patients, covering a variety of topics such as lifestyle changes, dietary changes and body image.
The support group provides those who have undergone weight loss surgery or are considering weight loss surgery the opportunity to discuss their situation with people who understand and support their goals.
Weight loss support groups are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Click here to register for the next support group.
There are many financing options available. Click here to learn what options might be best for you.
Interested in Weight Loss Surgery?
Complete the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.