Regional Burn CenterBaton Rouge General's Regional Burn Center was first established in 1970 and is one of only 125 specialized burn centers in the U.S. Because of the limited number of burn centers across the nation, Baton Rouge General plays an integral role in supporting other states when the need arises.
As the only comprehensive burn facility in a 250-mile radius, Baton Rouge General's Regional Burn Center has treated patients from more than 150 zip codes across the Gulf Coast region over the past three years and also treats more than 90 percent of all inpatient burns in the Metro region. Treatments are provided for flame, scald, electrical, chemical and other burn-related injuries. We also offer burn services for children in our pediatric unit.While burn injuries within themselves are cause for concern, they can also result in serious health risks such as amputation, disability, scarring, infection and emotional trauma. As a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient burn center, we're focused on caring for your medical needs, helping you to regain physical independence and maintaining your self-confidence and inner determination in a motivational and compassionate environment.
If you have any questions about Baton Rouge General's Regional Burn Center, please call (225) 387-7717 or email us at email@example.com. Hospitals can submit a patient photo or video for a physician consult by clicking here.
Burn Center Visiting Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
8:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Baton Rouge General is home to South Louisiana's first Burn Center for adults and children. With compassionate clinicians specially trained to handle pediatric burns, Baton Rouge General is here for you and your child.
We offer a variety of services, including:
- 24/7 availability to accept referrals and emergency admissions
- State-of-the-art wound care management with specially trained pediatric nursing staff
- Customized pediatric rehabilitation programs
- Nutritional support focusing on specific needs of pediatric burn patients
- Coordination of home health or outpatient care after discharge
- Outpatient care for follow-up and management of minor burns
Pediatric Burn Center Visiting Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
8:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- Prevent a loss of range of motion
- Initiate scar management
- Assist with edema reduction
- Educate the patient and family about possible burn-related problems
- Range of motion exercises
- Soft tissue massage
- Use of pressure wraps as the burns and grafts are healing
- Positioning devices may be necessary to immobilize or place an extremity in a more functional position following surgery for grafting
- Customized splints which may be created for individuals' specific needs to maintain joint range of motion and/or tendon integrity
If you have any questions about Baton Rouge General's Burn Center, please call (225) 387-7717 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treating more than 600 adults and children in our Outpatient Burn Clinic each year, Baton Rouge General is dedicated to long-term, continuous care for you and your family. Our clinic is designed to conveniently care for minor burns in an outpatient setting, as well as help those in need of ongoing care following a major burn incident.
For treatment of minor burn injuries, you can also refer to the Emergency Burn Care Chart, see your primary care physician or visit the emergency room for immediate care and assessment. They will then determine if you need additional care through our Outpatient Burn Clinic. To ensure we remain focused on those who are most in need of our services, you must have a physician referral to make an appointment at Baton Rouge General's Outpatient Burn Clinic.
The Burn Center will treat each patient as soon as possible, however, the next appointment may not be immediately available. Please make sure you understand from your physician proper wound care and have enough medication until your appointment.
If you have questions regarding an outpatient appointment, please call (225) 763-4777 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday - Friday.If you are admitted as an inpatient to our Burn Center, your care team will let you know if your condition will require follow-up care through our outpatient clinic.