Baton Rouge General offers several support groups for our patients, their family members and loved ones. Support groups provide education and foster emotions that can positively influence your care. They provide a group setting to explore the challenges and concerns of certain diagnoses. Our trained social workers will work with you and your family through your journey.
Some of the support Groups Baton Rouge General offers:
- Man to Man: A program designed to provide education and support to prostate cancer patients. This group meets at 7pm the first Monday of every month at the Baton Rouge General Bluebonnet location (8585 Picardy - Entrance 2) in conference room 2. If you have questions, please contact the American Cancer Society at (225) 767-7197.
- Lymphedema Support Group: A support group focused on providing education, emotional support and the opportunity to network with others diagnosed with edema/swelling, due to primary or secondary lymphedema. Sessions are held every other month. To see a calendar, please click here. For additional information or to register, please call (225) 763-4050.
- Ostomy Support Group: A program designed to help patients and their families cope with colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies and continent diversions. This class is held at the Baton Rouge General Bluebonnet location (8585 Picardy - Entrance 2) in conference rooms 1 & 2. Please call the American Cancer Society at (225) 767-7197 for dates. No registration is required.
Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery Support Group: A monthly support group for weight loss patients, covering a variety of topics such as lifestyle changes, dietary changes and body image. Weight Loss Support Groups are held the 2nd Monday of each month, from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm at the Baton Rouge General Bluebonnet location (8585 Picardy - Entrance 2) in conference rooms 1 & 2. To see a calendar, please click here. Call (225) 763-4242 for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stroke Support Group
- Stroke Support Group: A monthly support group held at our Mid City location the first Thursday of each month. Patients and their caregivers can learn more about living with the effects of a stroke as well as different exercises for cognitive, motor, and sensory retraining, conditioning, and development. To learn more please email email@example.com or call (225) 381-6520.