We know a career decision is an important, often pivotal, moment in life. So if you're looking to join a team of highly skilled professionals, we invite you to explore the many career opportunities available at Baton Rouge General. But we must warn you - we're not just any employer. At Baton Rouge General, we're a team. We're a family. And we are A Community of Caring.
Follow our career pages on Facebook and Twitter for the latest job posts!
Excellence - An allegiance to the relentless pursuit of perfection, we individually and collectively demonstrate expertise, innovation and accountability in all that we do.
We will be the region's hospital of choice.
Improving lives and strengthening our community by providing exceptional healthcare.
Caring - A deep abiding belief that caring moments reflect our genuine compassion and respect, fostering a loving, healing environment.
Service - The honor and privilege of giving of ourselves, creating one-on-one connections that respond to the deepest human needs.
Integrity - Ascribing to the highest standards, we commit to integrity, respect and ethical stewardship of all resources entrusted to our care.
- Health Insurance: Our premium and consumer-based healthcare insurance plans are available to meet the needs of you and your family. All full-time employees are eligible for health insurance on their date of hire. Our plans offer a simple co-pay structure and 100% coverage on most services provided at a GHS facility.
- Dental Insurance: Our dental insurance plans allow you to see any dentist, anywhere, with 100% coverage for preventive care every six months.
- Vision Insurance: Our vision insurance plan premiums are affordable and easy to use with a preferred provider network that includes individual optometrist and ophthalmologists and major retail businesses such as Walmart and Target.
- Cancer & Specified Disease Insurance is a supplemental policy that provides income if you or a family member is diagnosed with cancer or any other disease as specified by the plan.
- Critical Illness Insurance is a supplemental policy that provides benefits for 13 critical illnesses. The amount of coverage is chosen by you, and your dependent children are covered under this policy as well.
LIFE & DISABILITY
- Company Paid Life Insurance: This policy is available for all full-time employees with one year of service with GHS, and is valued at one time your annual salary (capped at $50,000).
- Salary Supplemental Life Insurance: This policy gives you the option of purchasing life insurance equaling up to five times your annual salary. A $10,000 optional term life insurance option is available as well as a dependent term life insurance option.
- Interim Disability: This disability policy is a company-paid and funded benefit for all full-time employees with one year of continuous full-time service. The policy pays 60% of an employee's base annual salary after the total disability absence period has exceeded 60 days and will continue to pay through the 90th day of the disability.
- Long Term Disability: This company-paid policy is available to all employees with one year of continuous full-time service. The policy pays 60% of an employee's base salary after the total disability or absence period has exceeded the policy's 90-day elimination period.
- Short Term Disability: This voluntary disability policy allows employees the option to pick their benefit amount up to 65% of their base salary with a maximum benefit of $6,000 monthly. Coverage begins on the 15th day of the illness or disability, and benefits are paid up to 26 weeks (6 months)
FINANCIAL PLANNING & SECURITY
- Flexible Spending Accounts: This benefit offers employees a reimbursable pre-tax savings account available for dependent care and / or medical spending expenses.
- 401K: Employees are automatically enrolled in our comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan. Eligibility begins at the beginning of the pay period following 30 days of employment. Employees have the option to contribute 1% - 30% of their annual salary, up to the legal limit. The organization will also match 50% of the first 6% of pay contributed by employee after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked.
GENERAL PAID TIME
- General Paid Time (GPT) Off: This benefit combines accruals for vacation, holiday, and sick time into one flexible plan - you choose when you want to take time off. GPT accumulation begins upon hire for all regular full-time and regular part-time employees and is calculated per pay period, based on an employee's FTE value and hours worked.
- GPT Cash-Out Programs: This benefit offers employees the opportunity to forego a portion of their GPT accrual in exchange for a monetary payment.
- Jury Duty: The organization recognizes the responsibility of employees as citizens. Employees summoned to jury duty will be allowed time off with pay.
- Bereavement: This benefit allows full-time employees up to three regular scheduled days leave of absence without loss of pay in the event of an immediate family member’s death.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): This program is designed to assist employees and their families with concerns related to physical illness, mental or emotional disturbance, chemical / substance abuse and dependency. The EAP also provides assistance related to marital, legal, or financial concerns.
- Employee & Family Clinic: All employees are able to utilize the services offered at the three locations of the Employee & Family Clinic. Discounted co-pays apply for GHS health plan members.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Full-time employees may be eligible for tuition reimbursement or reimbursement of national certification exam fees. To participate in the tuition reimbursement program, employees must have one full year of continuous service.
- Competitive, Market-Driven Base Pay: Our pay philosophy is based upon local, regional, and national standards with a focus on job and qualification specificity.
- Performance-Based Pay Increases: Our employees are rewarded for exceptional performance with higher-level merit increases with annual performance reviews.
- Success Share Bonus Program: We recognize that our organization succeeds only when we as a whole thrive. In recognition of this organizational principle, our success share bonus program offers our employees an individual and organization-based performance reward each year our patient and financial goals are met. Components of the program are performance-based, with exceptional achievers receiving higher-level bonuses.
- Comprehensive Shift Premiums: Our shift premium policy recognizes and rewards our employees who care for patients in a 24-hour, 365-day environment. Specialized premiums are available, depending upon position and department, for:
- Weekend programs, with additional premiums for working primarily weekend shifts
- On-call - market competitive rates, based upon specialty area
- Call-back - compensation at time-and-a-half for call-back opportunities
- Organization-recognized holidays
- Competitive PRN and Resource Pool Rates: Our internal resource pool provides attractive and competitive rewards for employees taking on PRN and Resource Pool opportunities.
- Freedom-Tier Programs: RNs taking part in the freedom-tier programs earn progressively higher hourly rates, based on the number of hours they work during each pay period.
- BRG Agency: RNs taking part in the BRG Agency programs are compensated at market-driven, highly competitive rates rewarding nurses for serving in various areas of specialty throughout the hospital.
- Unit-Based PRN programs: RNs interested in unit-based PRN programs are assigned to a single unit, and receive competitive flat rates.
- Professional Development Rewards: Our focus on professional development is evident in our recognition of professional development, certification, and responsibility.
- Clinical Ladder Premium: Registered nurses demonstrating exceptional professional service and growth are eligible for the three-tier clinical ladder program with hierarchical base rate premiums.
- Certification Premium: Registered nurses and other clinical professionals who attain designated national certification in approved areas of responsibility are eligible for comprehensive base rate premiums. Reimbursements are available for certification exam expenses.
- Charge Premium: Registered nurses and other clinical professionals who accept additional roles and responsibilities are eligible for rewarding base rate premiums.
The Baton Rouge General Rewards Program is the ultimate indication of our dedication to the satisfaction, engagement, development, and well-being of our employees. The Total Rewards Program is recognition that Baton Rouge General can provide you with more than just a job - we can provide you with a better and more fulfilling career and life.
- Baton Rouge General Fit!: Baton Rouge General values not only your professional growth and performance, but also your well-being. Baton Rouge General Fit! provides valuable information and resources for overall health management. Services include free biometric screenings, health risk assessments, on-line healthy lifestyle services, an employee fitness center, and a broad array of health and wellness programs at a nominal cost.
- Employee & Family Clinic: All employees are able to utilize the services offered at the three locations of the Employee & Family Clinic. Discounted copays apply for General Health plan members.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Our EAP is designed to assist employees and their families with concerns related to physical illness, mental or emotional disturbance, chemical / substance abuse and dependency. The EAP also provides assistance related to marital, legal, or financial concerns.
- Financial Wellness: Baton Rouge General promotes not only the physical well-being of our employees, but also the financial betterment of our employees. Employees' payments are directly deposited in their checking or savings accounts for ease and peace of mind. Regular financial wellness seminars are offered for employees who wish to seek greater personal financial growth. Bayou Federal Credit Union has an on-site location at our Mid City Campus for all of our employees' desired services, and is available to all employees.
- Flexible Positions are available to fit your personal needs and work / life balance including Full-Time, Part-Time, Reduced Part-Time, PRN and Resource Pool
- Paid Time Off is available for personal, family, and health-related matters
- Shift-Based Scheduling is available including weekend programs and 7 On - 7 Off scheduling opportunities
- GPT Cashout Program offers employees the opportunity to forego a portion of their GPT accrual in exchange for bonus payments
- Limited Benefits Program offers opportunities available for employees who do not wish to participate in the benefit programs. Employees choosing to participate in the program receive a higher base annual salary.
- Educational Opportunities: We value your professional growth and provide our employees with opportunities to attain additional education related to their profession through reimbursement programs that include tuition and national certification exams
- Breakfast with the Chief Operating Officer (COO): Employees with the highest performance effectiveness ratings are given the opportunity to attend a breakfast gathering with the General Health System Chief Operating Officer. The informal setting allows for the employee to share their ideas, goals, and visions for their work, the effectiveness of their department, and the effectiveness of the organization as a whole.
- The President's Awards: Employees demonstrating exceptional teamwork and patient care are recognized by the President/Chief Executive Officer, in ceremonies attended by employees throughout the organization.
- Employee Recognition Weeks: Celebrated by many areas and departments within our organization
- In-House Pharmacy Discounts: Enjoy generous discounts on over-the-counter drugs and supplies
- BRG Cafeteria: Take advantage of our employee discount programs in our Baton Rouge General Cafeteria
- Success Share Bonus Program: We recognize that our organization succeeds only when we as a whole thrive. In recognition of this organizational principle, our success share bonus program offers our employees an individual and organization-based performance award when our patient care and financial goals are met. Components of the program are performance-based, with exceptional achievers receiving higher-level bonuses.