Baton Rouge General recognizes that visitation plays an important role in the care of our hospitalized patients and their families. Baton Rouge General does not restrict, limit, or deny visitation privileges based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex; gender identity, sexual orientation, and or disability.
The patient or his/her designee has the right to:
- Consent to receive visitors he or she has designated, either orally or in writing, including but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend
- Receive the visitors he or she has designated, including but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), another family member or a friend
- Withdraw or deny his/her consent to receive specific visitors, either orally or in writing
- Infection control issues
- Interference with the care of other patients
- Existing court order restricting contact
- Visitors who engage in disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior
- Treatment program where protocols limit visitation
- The patient is undergoing care intervention
- General visitation hours are 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. seven days/week
- For security purposes, hospital doors are locked between 10:00 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. During these hours, all visitors will be directed to check in with security personnel stationed at the emergency department exterior.
- After visiting hours, the patient's caregiver/companion will be allowed to remain in the room in non-restricted areas
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and are not permitted to spend the night.
- Children under 6 years old are encouraged not to visit.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
To reach a patient directly at either of our campuses, please follow these instructions:
- Bluebonnet, dial 590 - 8 + the last 3 digits of the room number
- Mid City, dial 387 - 7 + the room number