Baton Rouge General provides regular and compounded prescription services to patients and our community. You do not have to be a patient or employee of BRG to get your prescriptions filled at one of our pharmacies.
Whether you’re filling a prescription at discharge or picking up a refill, our pharmacy team will provide you with comprehensive written information about your prescriptions and the opportunity to receive one-on-one counseling. In addition to counseling upon pick-up, our Corner Pharmacy location stocks a wide variety of over the counter medications and other pharmacy-related items.
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Our prescription co-pays are the same as other pharmacies
- Refills are easily transferred to your neighborhood pharmacy
- We accept cash, Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express
Our online refill management tool is easy, quick and secure to use. You can set up prescriptions for automatic refill, transfer prescriptions, or use the extensive wellness library for answers to your health and wellness questions!
Create an account today by visiting RefillRX at brgeneral.mysecurescripts.com. To get started, simply choose your primary pick-up location, then begin creating your profile! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Prescription number
- Birth date
- Email address
If your doctor has prescribed a compounded prescription for your health needs, consider using Baton Rouge General’s Compounding Pharmacy to fill that prescription. We currently provide external, non-sterile compounded prescriptions.
Mid City Campus
3600 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge, La 70806
Open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Phone: (225) 387-7627
Fax: (225) 387-7625
Refills: CLICK HERE for easy and secure online refill management, or call the phone number listed above.
Benefits of Compounding for Patients:
- Provides you with the exact dose of the medication prescribed
- Improves outcomes because the medication is tailored to meet your doctor’s plan for your medication therapy.
- Solves unique needs of patients when commercially available drugs cannot. For example:
- Change of dosage form
- Change of dose concentration
- Remove objectionable ingredient found in commercial medication form
- Replace medications on temporary manufacturer’s back-order
- Replace medications which are no longer provided in manufactured form.
Example Compound Prescription Uses*:
Bio-identical hormone replacement
Vulvar lichen schlerosis
Breast cancer risk/reduction
*other conditions treated